Monday, March 24, 2008

"Chance favors the prepared mind." - Lavoisier


My mom shared a quote with me yesterday that I really liked. She found it as she was going through my brothers things (he's on a mission), and suggested that I share it with my missionaries.

“To each there comes in their lifetime a special moment when they are figuratively tapped on the shoulder and offered the chance to do a very special thing, unique to them and fitted to their talents. What a tragedy if that moment finds them unprepared or unqualified for that which could have been their finest hour.”
-Winston Churchill

I am going to share it with my missionaries - but I don't think it applies just to missions. I think life presents the prepared with many such chances. We just need to take them and run with them.

No comments:

Portfolio

Check out my Website!

Followers

Blog Archive