Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Trucking


I am writing this post per request of a loyal viewer (I know, I know, there aren't that many of you, so start guessing. . .). Isn't it interesting how the ball rolls sometimes. Or should I say, the truck rolls? I don't know a whole lot about the rest of the world, but it seems to me that the Dump truck just rolled through my side of town. I have come to the conclusion that breaking up is about the worst thing in the world (excluding world hunger, genocide, etc). I mean, if you break someones heart you feel bad, if your heart is ripped mercilessly from you - you feel bad. There's just not really any 'happy go-lucky feelings' going around when you break up. I have scoured my brain for reasons as to why everyone seems to be breaking up right now. I can't put my finger on it - usually spring has quite the opposite effect on people, but nonetheless it just seems to be that time again. Now, don't get me wrong - this isn't a pity-post - I haven't been dating anyone or broken up recently. I would just like to figuratively raise my glass to all of you who have had your hearts broken, and to a few of you who broke some hearts (I am intentionally not including those of you who are jerks and led someone on, or are players, or the like) and tell you that I am sad that the Dump Truck had to make it's rounds near your place.
I would also like to raise a question. This is one I would actually like to request that those of you who have time please answer. Why do people break up? I've heard a ton of lines, but in my opinion it all boils down to one thing: "It just doesn't feel right." But, that leaves me wondering - what doesn't feel right? And, what does 'it' feel like? I've felt 'it' before, but how do you describe 'it.' Like after a date sometimes you're 'feeling it' and sometimes you're 'not feeling it.' What exactly is 'it'? Does 'it' have a scientific name? Who would best be able to describe 'it'? A psychologist, scientist, doctor, marital counselor, parent, friend, sociologist, married person, or perhaps a single person who's currently experiencing 'it.'






6 comments:

Greg said...

Well... it's not sweet. It's not sour. (Name that talk)

Kevin & Rhiannon said...

I would say "it" is "chemistry" or perhaps "comfort level." In fact, breaking up with someone because "it doesn't feel right" is probably the only excuse you can't get mad about...kind of like how you can't get mad at someone if they receive an answer to a prayer, even if you end up with the short end of the stick. So when you both "feel right" about it all the time and you can make each other happy...I think you got yourself a match!

Kevin Wilson said...

Scott,

This is Kevin, I don't know about the whole "it" thing. Though I'd agree with Rhiannon about the "it doesn't feel right" thing. That's just a line, there are definite specifics of why it doesn't feel right, but they don't want to go into it because hey, who wants to hear about all the reasons their company isn't desired.

As for life, I'm working for PMI, the programming department was taken over by PMI, EMS's old competitor. It's kinda fun because I am working with Carl Wall and Pat Koelling. I saw the CloverLogo's site and figured it was a Matt and Dave special because I saw some of their old stuff on it, but I'm glad that you can continue to due some webstuff. I really like the industry because it allows me to be a dork and get paid for it.

As for the Baby Name, Rhiannon wanted me to tell you that we are probably going to name the baby after your best friend, is that close enough?

Kim said...

um..the talk about the salt. Elder Packer?

the Danosaur said...

You don't know it til you feel it and when you finally feel "it" you get hitched. Then you look back (I do, anyway) and realize that you were trying to force "it" in all those failed relationships, and you slap your forehead with a "Duh, of course that wasn't 'it.'" So I give props to those who are seriously seeking "it" and say sayonara when they find it lacking. They're mature enough not to waste their own time or the other person's. I wish I had been one of those people.

By the way, what kind of six pack? Of soda? Abs? ...?

Oh, and yes! You were the instigator of my moniker.
I love it.

Bobby said...

Sometimes I just say "It" as a euphemism for "You." In using the "It doesn't feel right," Youphemism™, one is merely stating, "I usually buy stuff at Nordstroms and take it back when I find something better. You remind me of something from Nordstroms, but you have feelings."

Granted, sometimes you truly doesn't feel right about the relationship, but the line has proven to have an unprecedented success rate. It became a trump card in 1993 and has since elevated itself to "Get out of relationship free" status. You don't even need to feel guilty using it either. Even if you really do mean "YOU just don't feel right," you're still covered if you say, "IT just doesn't feel right," because if somebody calls you out on it you can just say you were talking about "IT," the movie by Stephen King, which didn't feel right for anybody, thereby helping you to feel honest and deceitful at the same time.

Portfolio

Check out my Website!

Followers

Blog Archive