Friday, November 30, 2007

Private VS Charter VS Public

Well, I've already blogged on this once but I don't mind talking about it again. I think that public education is the way to go - no where else in the world can your kids be prepared for the future and gain a real life experience like they can in school. I do not mean to say that private and charter are bad - they aren't, they do a lot of really good things, and I would not mind at all sending my kids to a charter school - I don't really think I'm a huge fan of the private. At a charter school kids are given an excellent chance to excel in a particular area - they can receive chances they otherwise wouldn't have, and perhaps more personal attention. On the other hand, I think that the some of the value of public schools lies in the fact that they are so broad - if I only every studied/focused on the things that I wanted to I would not know half the things that I do. There is power in learning things you aren't necessarily intrigued by, there is power in being experiences and being with people who you don't choose to be with.

No comments:

Portfolio

Check out my Website!

Followers

Blog Archive