Friday, September 7, 2007

Technology Teaching

We were given the assignment today to define "Technology" "Technology Education" and "Technology Teaching," I liked the definitions we came up, but what I want to comment on here is Technology teaching. I have had many different experiences teaching (the MTC, EFY, etc.) and I have come to a firm conviction that a truly effective teacher not only shows a student something, but creates a desire in that student to learn more. A teacher is someone who can teach someone something that will enable them to learn more - but not just that, the teacher presents it in such a way that the student becomes interested enough to take those tools and learn more on their own. I think that technology education is the epitome of this since everything we teach is constantly changing, and used to enhance or further our knowledge.

1 comment:

Portfolio

Check out my Website!

Followers

Blog Archive