Thursday, September 13, 2007

Mind Tools

Personally I thought that the mind tool that I presented in class was pretty sweet. Will I use it, probably not in the long run, but at the moment I am using it and I think it is interesting to see where all my time goes. My favorite mind tool that was presented was Illustrator - what a sweet program that is. I am noticing more and more the mind tools that we use everywhere - it's all about just doing things for us (not because we can't do them, but because there are more effective things we could do) so that we can use our time/tools to be more productive. I was thinking about it the other day - even little things like the kronos I use to clock in at work is a mindtool - not that I can't keep track of my own hours or anything because I can - but, it's so much more effective for a computer to keep track of those things then all I need to do is learn what codes to type in so that I can see the totals. As I've gotten more and more into corporate identities for people I have tried to set up more and more mindtools that will make it easier for me to do them. I used Illustrator to set up a contract that I can simply change for each client, I use bridge to help me keep track of all my pictures, etc.

No comments:

Portfolio

Check out my Website!

Followers

Blog Archive