Sunday, April 13, 2008

College Students


So last week I didn't have the internet for 5 days. Ridiculous. Completely ridiculous - someone better have lost their job, or at least been sorely reprimanded. Anyway. Why is it that everyone seems to think they can take advantage of college students. Sometimes I feel that we are the scum of the earth, the bottom of the totem pole (save only junior high kids) to everyone. When I called to ask them to come and fix it all I got was the run around. "Oh, sorry - there's nothing we can do." Or, "Well, we might be able to send someone out there to fix it by next week." Are you kidding me - if I called and told them that I was the CEO for NuSkin I don't think that's the tune I would have heard. What about me being a college students equals out that I can be taken advantage of? Another example, the really annoying people who drive around and boot/tow cars from parking lots. Nothing in the world can be counted on to be as punctual as the dang booters - 50$ here, 100$ there. Preying off college students trying to visit friends, significant others, or family who are 3-4 minutes late. Just like that your 35$ date just got a whole lot more expensive. One more example - landlords. They stink - they treat you like dirt. Somethings broken - oh, it's okay. They all served missions in 3rd world countries - they probably like not having flushing toilets, running water, or heating in their house. Yea, sure, we'll get around to fixing it next week. Oh, and we're upping your rent next month - Why? Just because we can that's why.

2 comments:

Logg said...

Amen!
I'd have written the same post long ago if I didn't feel like I would have gone on and on. I'd have to start a blog purely devoted to how people, governments, and companies take advantage of college students.

Greg said...

I've paid ~$240 this year to "University Parking Enforcement" alone. I really think a company like that has a place, I just wish they didn't charge so much and make it so inconvenient. If you park illegally on Provo City's streets, they just leave you a nice $30 ticket on your windshield, but at least you car is still there and drivable. (I've gotten one of those too.)

Portfolio

Check out my Website!

Followers

Blog Archive