Thursday, November 15, 2007

Teaching

Today was way fun. I love the kids - they're so funny. It was fun and I think they really did learn a lot of new things. In my intro to seminary teaching class we read a quote by President Packer that said that the most important tool a teacher has for teaching is his/her eyes . I totally agree with that (who wouldn't, he's an apostle . . .) - it is so crucial that you are constantly watching those you are teaching. Assessing whether learning is happening, checking for questions, disagreement, boredom, distraction, etc. The best thing I think we did was introduce ourselves at the beginning - the ability of the students to call us by name and our ability to call them by name was incredibly valuable. The knowledge of someones name might be the most important thing you can have when teaching them - I'm not sure, but at the moment I can't think of something I'd rather have.

No comments:

Portfolio

Check out my Website!

Followers

Blog Archive