Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Pres. Hinckley Article

I really liked that we started class today the way we did by reading that article of a talk given by Pres. Hinckley here at BYU many years ago. I think that the article is precisely the reason why I want to go into teaching. There are so many things you can do that will get you a paycheck but the real reason I want to be a teacher isn't for the paycheck (if it was that would be sad considering the check won't be that big anyway) but because when I teach I get a sense of fulfillment out of what I'm doing. Seeing someone else learn, watching them finally get it - that's what I like. I can think of tons of teachers who have helped me learn so much and when I think of how much I admire them . . . it gives me something to shoot for as I teach - as much as I want to be the cool teacher - I would much rather be the teacher that some kid feels comfortable going to with a tough question. The best thing about this class I think is that I really think by the end I will be able to answer the question: "What is teaching?"

1 comment:

gaw said...

No matter what, I am guessing you'll be a cool teacher :)

Portfolio

Check out my Website!

Followers

Blog Archive