Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Personality

I liked the point that was made today - you can know everything about being a teacher, have all the standards memorized, know all the stupid names of the theorists, etc. and still be a terrible teacher. I doubt Shum knows half that stuff - yet he's awesome. When it comes down to it - teaching really is an art and some people are more prone to it than others. I do think that it is an art that can be learned (Pres. Packer said it is so I wouldn't dare disagree) but I think that it comes easier for some than for other and that some people spend far too much time worrying about lesson plans and far too little time building their own relationships with those they teach.
It was an interesting thing for me to think about - I wonder if I have that personality? Could I be a Shum? I do like oldies and classic rock . . .

No comments:

Portfolio

Check out my Website!

Followers

Blog Archive