Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Learning

I never thought I would actually take a class where you learn how to learn. And despite the darkness of the classroom earlier, the lack of movement, and the absence of any 'hands-on activity' I actually really enjoyed the class earlier today. I am really into things like the color code, the 5 love-languages, etc. I think systems that place people in different groups are so interesting (I actually originally thought about being a philosophy psychology major) and so class today was pretty sweet.

I decided to put it all to the test. I am getting a new district here at the MTC in a few days and I'm going to try some new ways of teaching. Due to some interesting circumstances at the MTC my co-teacher won't speak Tagalog so I will be solely in charge of language while she handles the doctrine, etc. Because I will be doing solely language activities Im going to try using different intelligences each day to teach the language to my missionaries. I think it will be interesting to see how they react, and who learns in what way.

I know for me that I am very much a visual learner - if I can see something I can usually figure it out, but I really think that all of us are many different intelligences - thus in my opinion the most effective teaching would be one that would somehow involve many intelligences.

I'll keep ya in touch . . .

No comments:

Portfolio

Check out my Website!

Followers

Blog Archive